We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Chronic condition that we can control and treat but that cannot be cured, the diabetes is a disease that turns the daily life of the patient upside down: eating habits, physical activity, social life… everything has to be regulated.
Today, there are more than 100 million diabetics worldwide and, 2.8% of the adult population is concerned.
With a rate of approximately 20% of diabetics, Americans are among the populations most affected. On the other hand, in Asia, there is a very low rate of affected subjects.
The fourth leading cause of death in industrialized countries, diabetes affects more and more people who are unaware of it.
In France, although the rate of people with diabetes is low, in a decade it has gone from 1.6 to 2.9 million: among these patients, 600,000 of them are unaware of having it.
But, what are the symptoms and the causes diabetes? Can we cure this condition thanks to the virtues of plants?
Diabetes is defined as "trouble the assimilation, use and storage of sugars brought by thefood ».
Indeed, this disorder in the body is explained by a hyperglycemia. This is the abnormal increase in blood sugar levels (or glucose levels) in the blood.
Different Types of Diabetes and Symptoms
It exists three different types of diabetes, of which hyperglycemia in the blood is the basis:
– type 1 diabetes
It usually affects the youth. Whatever the age, this type of diabetes occurs suddenly in the subject, in a few days and, manifests itself by fatigue and excessive weakness, a intense thirst, stomach aches, regular urges to urinate (day and night), weight loss despite a increased appetite, vomiting and sometimes one breath who smells likeacetone. If the subject is not quickly taken care of, he risks a ketoacidosis coma.
– type 2 diabetes
Very "silent", this type of diabetes generally affects overweight people after 40 years.
Indeed, it can be declared very late although a hyperglycemia is detected.
These are often troubles or complications such as those oferection, pain in the legs, a loss of visual acuity or a infarction which, by increasing the patient's need for insulin, is an alert.
To this are added tingling in the hands, pain or cramps in the legs, poor healing, numbness, vascular or cardiac pathology, visual disturbances, recurrent infections affecting the foreskin, gums, vulva, etc. the skin or the bladder.
– gestational diabetes
Just like the Type 2 diabetes which can be triggered by a sudden event or, when taking certain medications, gestational diabetes mainly occurs - as the name suggests - during pregnancy.
The patient complains of profuse urination, unusual fatigue, thirst intense and find a loss or weight gain very fast.
Origins and causes of diabetes
The food are composed ofcarbohydrates (sugars, starches), protein (meat) and lipids (fats).
When we consume them, the sugar levels in the blood increases and carbohydrates are transformed into glucose.
It is therefore the pancreas that detects the blood sugar level and secretes insulin which in turn promotes the penetration of glucose into the body. As a result, the blood sugar level is regulated and the glucose is transformed into reserves and energy. At the diabetics, this process is deficient.
At the type 1 diabetic, the cells in the pancreas that make insulin are destroyed by his immune system.
What could be due to factors external including those genetics, food, climatic (manufacture of vitamin D under the effect of ultraviolet rays) or sanitary (cystic fibrosis, cyst, inflammation or cancer of the pancreas).
At the type 2 diabetic, his body is resistant toinsulin.
The causes would not all be identified, but we will retain the genetic factors, those environmental (sedentary lifestyle) and food (high consumption of fast sugars and saturated fats), coupled with a lack of physical activity.
Regarding the Gestational Diabetes, the family history diabetes, polycystic ovary syndrome, urinary tract infections repeatedly, theobesity, thehypertension, prediabetes (or glucose intolerance), restrictive diets, and even the fact of having already had a 4 kg baby at birth ...: the causes are multiple.
Natural treatment for diabetes:
Some medicinal plants are valuable for people with diabetes.
If the virtues some are known to stimulate the pancreas, others reduce the ability of cells to resistinsulin.
In addition, some herbal remedies reduce the risk of poorly controlled diabetes or contain insulin.
Among them, we will retain among others:
- Theonion : thanks to its antioxidant properties, antihyperglycemic agents and hypoglycemic, it reduces the level of lipids in the blood.
- Theonion can be eaten raw (30 to 40 g per day), in mother tincture (40 to 50 drops 3 times a day) in soup or in infusion.
- The Cornflower : including several antioxidants, the cornflowerwould facilitate the receptivity of cells toinsulin, while reducing the level of sugar in the blood.
- Consumed raw, at will and without added sugar, this little flower would be very effective against diabetes.
- TheGarlic : thanks to its compounds,garlic has a positive effect on blood sugar but also the complications of diabetes (triglycerides, cholesterol).
- It can be consumed in alcohol tincture (20 to 30 drops per day), raw, crushed or finely chopped (1 to 2 cloves per day)
- or in powder 0.5 to 1g per day (in the form of gastro-resistant capsules).
- Chia: composed of various nutrients, this plant would stabilize the sugar level in people with diabetes.
- For this, it is advisable to soak a few tablespoons in ten times their volume of water.
- Then add somecinnamon then, let macerate for ¼ hour, 20 minutes maximum before consuming it.
- You can also prepare it with vegetable milk instead of water.
- the Eucalyptus: slightly hypoglycemic, the sheet ofeucalyptus would increase insulin secretion. Herbalists recommend a infusion to support the low calorie diet prescribed to a diabetic.
- As a dosage, a teaspoonful of broken dry leaves is sufficient for a cup of very hot water.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes. Drink it 2 or 3 times a day.
- On the other hand, 2 to 3 drops 3 times a day of ’Essential oil eucalyptus also have an effect on diabetes.
- As for his mother tincture, 50 drops 3 times a day are sufficient.
- Fenugreek: as part of treatment of types 1 and 2 diabetes, its seed (powder or sprouted) would be very effective.
Hypoglycemic, it is consumed in the form of decoction (daily) or to accompany meals.
- Ginseng : medicinal plant hypoglycemic, the ginseng can be taken in mother tincture or decoction.
- Black Walnut: known for its hypoglycemic virtues, this plant can be taken in decoction or mother tincture.
- The Nettle : diuretic plant, thenettlelowers blood sugar levels.
- Psyllium : psyllium powder, added to cereals and oatmeal, reduces the glucose level in the blood.
–The Olivier: its leaves are known for their hypoglycemic virtues, antioxidants and hypotensive.
Are recommended by herbalists, the glycerine maceration of buds in 1D (50 to 100 drops per day), mother tincture (60 drops per day) or the leaf powder cryogrushes (0.5 to 1g per day).
As for the infusion of leaves ofOlivier, it would be less effective.
Good to know about diabetes
As part of a treatment for type 2 diabetes, medicinal plants or their extracts would be effective. However, a regular medical follow-up (in addition) is always recommended.
But beware : to treat the same condition, all the plants must not be combined. 2 or 3 would be sufficient.
Always ask advice to the specialists and / or your doctor.