We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Here is a delicious ragout of ancient and forgotten vegetables, parsnip, Jerusalem artichoke, pumpkin and pork ribs from Brittany.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 200 g of parsnip
- 150 g of Jerusalem artichokes
- 1/2 lemon
- 200 g of pumpkin
- 50 g butter
- 1.2 kg of Brittany pork ribs
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 3 shallots
- 20 cl of red wine
- 1 bouquet garni
- 25 cl of veal stock
- 20 g of caster sugar
- 100 g of chestnuts cooked
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Stew of forgotten vegetables, chestnuts and Brittany pork ribs
- If necessary, preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
- Peel the parsnips and Jerusalem artichokes, then set them aside in a bowl of lemon water.
- Remove the rind and seeds from the pumpkin.
- Peel and mince the shallots.
- Cut these vegetables into quarters of the same size.
- In a casserole dish, melt the butter, color the ribs in it.
Add the garlic in the shirt and the chopped shallots, pour in the red wine, reduce by half and add the bouquet garni. Add the veal stock and cook for 35 to 40 minutes, covered, on a baking sheet or in the oven.
- In another casserole dish, brown the forgotten vegetables for a few minutes in butter with the sugar, deglaze with a little water. Remove the pumpkin. Simmer the parsnips and Jerusalem artichokes over low heat for 20 minutes. After 5 minutes of cooking, add the pumpkin, and after 10 minutes, add the chestnuts. Check the seasoning. Toss the vegetables with a little cooking juices from the meat, check the seasoning.
Serve the ribs accompanied by the forgotten vegetables.
In the fall, you can add a few porcini mushrooms to this recipe.
Prepare the Jerusalem artichokes:
- run them under water, rubbing them diligently with a small brush;
- prefer a knife to a peeler to peel them and make thick peels;
- or consume them with their skin (enhances their flavor);
- these vegetables oxidize very quickly, immediately immerse them in cold lemon water as soon as they are peeled.
Prepare the parsnip:
- brush it well then wash it;
- peel it only if it is processed, otherwise consume it as is;
- remove the core if it is too stringy;
- place it in lemon water to prevent oxidation;
- keep its tops to flavor a broth.
Words from the kitchen
Wet:pour a liquid: wetting (water, milk, broth, stock, wine ...) in order to cook or make a sauce, a juice ... This liquid is poured until it touches the top of the ingredient to cook.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel