We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Both original and full of finesse, this cucumber and baby onion ragout with mint will enhance your fish and white meats.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 cucumber (medium size)
- 16 baby onions
- 10 peppermint leaves
- 15 cl of heavy cream (30% fat)
- 1 apple (Golden)
- Salt pepper
Peppermint Cucumber and Baby Onion Stew
- Peel, wash and seed the cucumber. Cut it into sticks 3 centimeters long by 1 centimeter wide.
- Cut the stems and wash the small onions.
- Put water to boil in the lower part of the steamer, place 8 mint leaves there. Distribute the cucumber sticks and baby onions on the high rack of the steamer. Season and cook for about 10 minutes.
- During this time, wash and chop the 2 remaining mint leaves.
- Peel, wash and seed the apple. Cut it into quarters. Place in a saucepan with water and cook, covered, until a compote forms.
Pour in the cream. Season with salt and pepper and add the 2 chopped mint leaves. Bring to a boil and add the steamed cucumbers and baby onions. Mix.
To serve !
Photo: C. Herlédan